The homeopathic remedy prepared from ordinary salt has a profound and long lasting effect on the body's metabolic processes. It is especially suitable for chronic complaints.
Sodium and chloride - the components of table salt - are among the most important essential minerals and are vital for normal cell function. In homeopathic practice, sodium chloride is known by its Latin name, Natrum Muriaticum. In its homeopathic form, sodium chloride can also alleviate a wide range of complaints. Foremost among these include nervous tension and migraines. Sodium chloride is also used to treat pain, weakness or unusual weight loss. Like other homeopathic cures, this remedy is generally prescribed to relieve ailments in people who exhibit certain behavioural traits. It is thought to be especially appropriate for frail, excitable and irritable people who suffer from sharp mood swings or emotional outbursts. Such people have a very low tolerance for hectic and frenzied surroundings or any sympathetic attempts to comfort them. Their symptoms are typically exacerbated by sudden noises or loud music.
Sodium Chloride Type
The person most likely to benefit from this remedy typically has a very frail constitution and pale, shiny skin. The face has a sickly pallor. A scaly or crusty raised rash is often present, especially at the hairline and behind the ears.
To determine if you're a sodium chloride type; Check those characteristics that apply to you.
- You are sensitive, but you tend to suppress your emotions.
- You have sharp mood swings and are prone to emotional outburst
- You suffer from insomnia after you become angry
- You crave salt
- You are afraid of heights or insects and worry a lot that you'll be robbed.
- Your symptoms worsen after reprimands or romantic slights.
If you checked more than 3 items, Then the benefits of sodium chloride given below information is for you.
Sodium chloride helps people who suffer from nervous tension, especially those who feel joyless and sad for no apparent reason. The entire nervous system may be under extreme stress, causing irritability and particular sensitivity to pain.
Principle homeopathic uses
Sodium chloride is generally prescribed for symptoms of illness that have developed over a period of years and not for acute conditions. Typical complaints include the following: headaches, restlessness, lack of concentration, persistent bronchitis, muscle twitches and chronic heart disease.
Relief of migraine headaches
Sodium Chloride is an effective treatment for migraine headaches, particularly when the pain is accompanied by vomiting. These types of headaches are often charecterized by visual disturbances, such as temporary blindness or seeing patterns or flashing lights. They tend to be worse in the morning.
Preparation of the remedy
Most sodium chloride remedies are produced from rock or sea salt extracted from the dead sea. The salt is dissolved in water or ground with mil sugar. The best results are obtained with high potencies, such as 30C or higher.
To determine whether sodium chloride is the right remedy for you, your homeopath needs to know whether your symptoms are affected by any of the conditions listed below.
Lying on a hard surface
Between 9 A.M and 11 A.M
Direct sun exposure
Prescribed for migraines and other types of headaches, colds, fevers, cold sores, nervous tension and back pain.
- Physical or psychological symptoms brought on by worry
- Fear of enclosed spaces
- Mental impairment marked by forgetfulness and difficulty concentrating
- Fits of rage that occur in response to sympathy and compassion
- Emotional outbursts, including incessant laughing at inappropriate times
- Throbbing headaches brought on by eyestrain, inhibiting the ability to concentrate
- Frequent headaches recurring every 3 or 4 days
- Migraine headaches marked by temporary blindness or visual disturbances
- Back pain characterized by extreme sensitivity to the slightest pressure
- Nervous trembling and muscle twitches over the entire body
- Unpleasant feeling of fullness after eating
- Strong urge to drink cold water
- Frequent constipation, with dry, hard stools
- Dryness of the mucous membranes, a crack in the center of the lower lip or a watery or thickegg white like nasal discharge
Chronic water retention (edema)
- Transparent looking skin
- Skin rashes, hives or warts